The InfraCore® Institute has been created as a virtual open innovation platform, to even better understand and explain scientifically the intrinsic behavior of the InfraCore® technology and oblique layered materials in general.
The InfraCore® Institute is based on a very close collaboration with universities and research institutes, such as University of Ghent, Technical University of Delft, Chalmers University, …
The InfraCore® institute also participates in research projects, as to get the technology accepted, approved and certified:
- the SUREBridge-project is for example focusing on hybrid infrastructural applications, where FRP is combined with concrete and/or steel.
- the EU-project RAMSSES is focusing on approval and Class certification of large SOLAS FRP ship structures.
The InfraCore® institute is also refining and further optimizing the InfraCore® technology, thereby enabling even more product-market-combinations.
- cost-effectiveness (industrialization/ automation, purchasing, operation
- production: hollow structures, novel constituent combinations, …
- connections & durable load transfer
- functional integration & performance tuning
- Structural optimization, parametric design & option package generation (standardisation, esthetic, robustness, functionality)
- damage tolerance & fail safety
- Structural health monitoring, diagnostics, …
– containment and storage: fire, LNG, blast, shock, crash, …
– certification, validation